How Video Podcasting Helps Your Inbound Strategy
Should your podcast be recorded via video? YES!
There are so many great reasons to launch a podcast. But an even better idea is to launch a video podcast. Here are a few reasons to make a video podcast a priority for your inbound marketing strategy.:
1. Video Podcasting is the fastest growing form of marketing we've ever seen.
It is being heralded as "content marketing 2.0", and for good reason. This is the next level in the evolution of content marketing. Consider these benefits of Video Podcasting:
- Building a strong connection becomes easier than ever
- The know, like, trust factors of marketing are maximized
- It is a major SEO booster on Google & YouTube
- Engagement levels on video are through the roof
- Great way to build relationships by interviewing guests on your show
- Near-perfect brand positioning and storytelling opportunities
- You can get so much mileage out of the content
- Helps your sales team answer questions by linking to the episode that directly addresses specific problems you solve.
- Evergreen content can be reused again and again
- It's a lot of fun to do a podcast, which makes the hard work involved more palatable.
With marketing advantages like these, it's no wonder that video podcasts are seeing explosive growth . We launched our podcast in 2021, and before the first season was finished, we had multiple clients approach us and say, "help us create our own podcast!"
Want help producing your own video podcast? We can help!
2. Building a strong connection becomes easier than ever
Every experienced marketing professional knows that marketing is all about Know. Like. and Trust. Video has this almost magical ability to drive trust between your brand and your audience.
- Engagement levels on video are through the roof.
The fact that your audience can see you and hear you gives you a tremendous opportunity to deepen the know-like-trust relationship as each member of the audience personally interacts with you in an authentic and meaningful way.
- The know, like, trust factors of marketing are maximized.
In some cases, you will be driving away people who don't like you and that's not necessarily a bad thing. If they don't like you on video, they probably wouldn't like you in person, and therefore wouldn't be a good fit.
But in other cases, potential clients will learn information from you that is valuable to them, and that builds trust. This strong connection, this engagement significantly increases the likelihood that they will become buyers.
3. Video Podcasting is a major SEO booster on Google & YouTube
- Many marketers are totally ignoring the SEO goldmine of an opportunity
The content you produce with a video podcast is exactly the right content that helps improve your ranking on Search Engines like Google and YouTube.
4. Video Podcasting is a great way to build relationships by interviewing guests on your show
When Video Podcasters interview guests it makes for particularly compelling content. At the same time, you are getting to know the people you are interviewing. This is a great way to build your network, meet new people, make friends and grow your business.
Video Podcasts that feature guests allow you invite the audience into your conversation.
We have even invited potential clients to a guest on our show. Busy CEO's may not see read email, they may throw your marketing letter into the recycle bin, and they may not take your phone call. But if you interview them on your show, you now have your foot in the door and might even be on a first-name-basis with your prospect going forward.
5. Video Podcasting offers near-perfect brand positioning and storytelling opportunities
The power of a great story is that our brains are hardwired to lean in. That means, your audience will consume your content and while they are doing so, they will directly receive your messaging. You control the narrative by speaking compelling words that matter, add value, and are edited and crafted to be perfectly delivered. Your video podcast will captivate your audience so they know exactly who you are, what you do, and how you can help them.
6. You can get so much mileage out of the Video Podcasting content
The video and audio content you create when you launch a video podcast is rich, without question. But that is just the beginning. There is a long list of additional content you can produce from there, including blog posts, social media content, and more. Here is a list of ideas:
- Video Podcast
- Audio Podcast
- Facebook just contacts us to let us know about their own podcast platform
- Etc. ETtc.
- At least 2 shareable video clips
- Sound bytes
- Promos and Trailers
- Snippets and statements
- Blog Post
- Embedded video
- Show Notes
- Episode Transcription
- Social Media
- Promos & Announcements
- Attract new members to your audience
So the written and social content gives a ton of extra mileaage. But that's still not all you can create. Here are some next level ideas for content you can create to aid with your lead generation and content strategy:
- Content Offer PDF Download
- For example: People who want to start their own Video Podcast
- How to Get Started
- Equipment you’ll need, where to get it and how much it costs
- How to distribute both your audio and video podcast
- Bonus: 10 reasons Why every business needs a video podcast
- Invite Guests
- Applying to be a guest
- Nominating guests you want us to have on the show
- Requesting us to appear on your show
- Email Campaign
- Hey! New Episode Dropped
- Hey! New Guide Available for Download - Free
- Hey! Sneak Peek at next week's episode - You don't wanna miss it!
As you can see, launching a video podcast is a content goldmine. With a little bit of strategic thinking, you can keep reusing this content in the future. It's not a once-and-done thing. Think about how to make your content evergreen so you can use it over and over again.
7. Video Podcasting helps your sales team
Discuss the problems your product/service solves for customers, and answer frequently asked questions by sending your prospect a link to the episode that directly addresses those concerns.
Evergreen content can be reused again and again
- SALES: Your talking to a prospect, text them a link to your branded podcast where talk about how your company solves their exact problem.
8. It's a lot of fun!
If you do what you love and enjoy what you do, you'll never work a day in your life. The truth is, podcasting is a lot of fun. It's fun to have interesting conversations, meet new people, help your audience solve problems, and grow your business.
Check out WorldLight Media's Video Podcast at: